Saturday, June 02, 2007

Best Day Ever!

Mr. D and I had the best day ever the other day. We took a friend home from work and on the way back, we saw a bird shop that was having a sale. Mr. D doubled back.
We stopped and ate at Ashland House, a wonderful little restaurant. We ate outside on the patio, surrounded by lush greenery and chirping birds. A mockingbird kept trying to steal the cheese cracker appetizers kept at the back of the patio!

The food was wonderful! Mr. D had fried chicken and mashed potatoes, a meal he'd been wanting for a while. His lunch came with fresh, yummy green beans that I kept stealing from his plate, they were so good! I had chicken with dried cranberries, which was quite yummy as well.

After our wonderful meal we went to the bird shop. A huge koi pond in the front yard immediately captured my attention. Dogs were running about, barking and saying hi. They had the fattest greyhound I think I've ever seen!

Then I saw the lemurs! They were so sweet. They came to the side of their huge cage and talked to me. With their long harms, striped tails and huge curious eyes, I imagined they would give the sweetest hugs.

All this before we even entered the store!

The birds were in the back. I've never seen so many large birds before. There was a pair of Lovebirds that I particularly wanted to take home, along with some very sweet canaries. The macaws were beautiful and colorful. Mr. D took great pictures the whole time.

Later we went to the Museum of Fine Arts to see the new Latin American exhibit. It was okay, not as good as the last one we saw. We went around to see some of the other exhibits that we liked. Some Anselm Kiefers are on exhibit right now that I particularly like, as well as a Philip Guston.

We came home tired, but very happy, murmuring multiple times about the best day ever. We had so much fun.

Our day truly was the best day ever!

No comments: