Sunday, November 12, 2006

My Goodness, What Language!

I always look up words in the dictionary (or a suitable facsimile) with which I'm not familiar. Usually I can derive the meaning of the word from context clues, but if you walked up to me on the street and asked me what that word means and I can't tell you, I'm going to look it up. I copy all these words and definitions into the back of whatever journal I'm writing in at the time.

Now that I'm reasonably well-versed in all the legal lingo, I don't have to run to Black's as much. I just ran across a new word while perusing cases during memo writing.

Meretricious: 1 : of or relating to a prostitute : having the nature of prostitution meretricious relationships
2 a : tawdrily and falsely attractive meretricious trash

who hooo!!!!!

Note: Blogging about a word I saw in a case is satisfaction of the element of PROCRASTINATION. ha ha